Thursday, April 06, 2006

Garage accidents and goat escapades

OK, so I must get better at this... I was scolded the other day by a friend I ran into at the grocery store because my blog was not up to date. And she's right!

So, my stupid accident of the week... I came home and pulled into the garage. I really had to pee, so slammed the car into park and ran into the house. A few minutes later I heard a loud crunch... turns out the car was not in park, but neutral and the drivers door was open. As the car rolled out of the garage, the door caught on the divider between the 2 doors. Once I got the car back in (and in park), I realized the door wouldn't close. I couldn't even get the car out to take it to the shop! What do you say to the insurance company - ah, I had an accident in my garage! And, what do you tell the tow company - I need my car towed, but I can't get it out of the garage! They sent a guy and it took him quite a while to figure out how to get the door closed enough to get it out. As he was putting it on the truck he said, "I've never done this before"... right, kind of an unusual situation. No, he'd never towed a car before! They sent him cuz they thought he'd be the one to figure out the door, but getting the car on the truck was a different story. Well, he did a fine job and now just waiting for them to fix the darn thing. Amazingly stupid accident.

So, I'm driving Tom's old Jeep CJ-7 for the time... great work out for my left leg as the clutch is amazingly tight and great if you want the guys to notice. I always forget - nothing like a blonde in an old Jeep to turn a few heads (who knew it took 2 guys to wash your windshield) - works the same in our old '72 Jeep pick-up. Girls in boys toys - well, fun for a week or so.

And, Lulla Belle's great escape last night... we came home after a yummy dinner at the Silver Grille - a good bye for our journalist friend, Angelina, who's returning to Denver after an 18 month stint at our local rag, The Appeal. A message from our neighbor said the goats were out... the thought of finding goats in the dark is always pleasant. Luckily only Lulla Belle was out - she'd slipped thru a spot where the fence wasn't tacked down. The funniest part was all the other animals were right by the fence calling to her. I was getting grain to coax them in (normally they come running) and Tom was trying to find our escape convict. No one would come until she was safely inside and then it was a stampede in the dark... even Geena, our shiest llama got within 2 feet of me before she realized she was that close (startled both of us). Hopefully safe and sound for a while.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job, girlfriend
keep it up!
cm

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home