Monday, February 12, 2007

Goat Pedicures

Trimming goat hooves is no fun for anyone. The goats don't like it and I don't like making them uncomfortable. But, it must be done and everyone feels better after a little pedicure.

Usually the goats resist being tied up and its a wrestling match to keep them still, so I talked a friend into helping. Mark was great with the animals (until Sally tried to head butt him) and everyone did pretty well - especially Blanche, who just stood there patiently. Fortunately, the hooves weren't in as bad a shape as I'd imagined... I should have done this 2 months ago and was feeling guilty about neglecting it for so long. I'd forgotten their hooves are softer this time of year because the ground's damp from all the rain, so the trimming went quickly. It was almost so easy, I felt silly having asked for help... next time I'll be doing it myself.

It's not what we do that's so important, but how much we love what we put into what we do: we should all do small things with great love.
- Mother Teresa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home