Monday, May 14, 2007

Blonde Moment

Now I'm getting phone calls from friends, concerned I may harm myself working on the truck. Pleeease don't worry... Kristine, there's no chance of cutting a gas line while changing an ignition switch (or if there is, I didn't do it). The biggest chance of injury would be bumping my head on the steering column, which I also managed to avoid. And to alleviate any further concerns... I wear steel toed boots and face protection when I run a chainsaw, same boots for splitting wood and I know how to grab a goat by the horns. I'm not careless, just stubborn.

And blonde... the tow guy was just here, I finally caved and decided to send it to Matthew. As I was taking it out of 4-wheel drive and getting ready to put it in neutral for him, I realized it was in gear, not park. Oh, the blonde moment! Guess what... she fired right up! So, now I know how to change out a solenoid and an ignition switch, neither of which I needed to do. Lets just say I'll be laughing at myself all week.

Enjoy the days, they only come once.

3 Comments:

Blogger CF said...

Hi Trina,

I am writing to you from Stockholm, Sweden - I am a friend of Kappys and she gave me your webadress. I have visited your webpage before, and even made the lavender cookies - great - but I hadn´t noticed the blog before.

It is so much fun to read about your life. I feel like I know you a little bit! Well that´s the whole point of blogging I guess! I too blog, but in Swedish, but at least you can enjoy the pictures if you like - they are mostly of wee Otto, now almost two years old and hilarious. NO is the most frequently used word in his vocabulary presently.

Take care!
Love from Sweden and me
Catarina

PS I too am blonde... DS

11:57 PM  
Blogger trina said...

Hi Catarina,

Thanks for the note... who knew someone in Sweden was reading the blog (or looking at the website). I'll mention it to Kappy - she'll be thrilled. By the way, Otto is darling (too bad I can't read Swedish).

Cheers (from one blonde to another),

Trina

3:46 PM  
Blogger CF said...

Looking forward to reading more about HavenHill! Love to you and Kappy.
Cat

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home