Thursday, May 03, 2007

Goat Kids

I am a total animal geek... the kind of gal who could wind up with a dozen dogs if she wasn't careful. Tom used to keep me in check by setting the limit at 2 dogs and and a couple barn yard critters, but last night I realize ooh la la there are no limits anymore.

Friend Deena is dog sitting/farm sitting friend Gretchen's place this week. I stopped by last night for a glass of wine and when I arrived, Mary & David where there and they announce we had some farm work to do first. Well lets go, what is it... bottle feeding some brand new baby goats whose mama's having a hard time nursing. Stick me in a goat shed with a pile of kid goats any time! There were five - three had been born a few days earlier and two that morning. Sweetest little things with their spots and speckles and their wobbly legs... like a pile of puppies.

The down side was, I wanted to take them home. Why not... I could keep them in the bath tub (which could make showering a bit difficult) and bottle feed them 'til they were old enough to live with Blanche and the crew. Yes, on the way home I actually considered this... as well as thinking about getting Blanche and Lula Belle knocked up and having my own pile of goat babes. Fortunately reality set in... I do need that bath tub to bath in, and as much as I'd like to play with goats all day I don't have the time. Besides if they grew up in the bath tub, who knows, maybe I'd let them on the couch one day and it'd be all down hill from there... lavender lady turns crazy goat lady (not the kind of headlines we're looking for).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home