Monday, April 02, 2007

Gored by a Goat

... well not really, just an angry goat letting me know how he felt. The goats get hay and grain every other day and are supposed to be eating brambles and grass the rest of the time. Apparently they're getting a bit spoiled, as I missed one day of feeding and Sally tried to pin me to the wall of the goat shed with his horns. Yes, Sally's a male - he came with the name and I couldn't change it, so I think of him as Sal, the mob boss which he is (and very bossy at that).

When I went into the pasture this evening, he came barreling down - goats can really get some speed up. Seeing Blanche run is the most amusing... she's my full figured gal and doesn't look like she'd be very fast, but she can really move with the right motivation.

As I started to open the door to the feed room, Sally tried to head butt me into the wall. Having a 180 pound goat try to nail you with his horns will get your attention! This isn't the first time he's been angry and tried to ram me, and had he wanted to he would have... just his way of reminding me there's a regular feed schedule and I should stick to it. Sorry Sal, I'll try to remember if you'll remember your job is to eat those brambles!

On a kitchen note - counters are in, ceiling ripped apart and tons of dry wall work ahead.

Between the wish and the thing life is waiting. - unknown. Enjoy the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home