Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fernando

After the last post, I thought I should add something light-hearted. I have a new hot-tubing buddy named Fernando. Ah, not what you think... he's a little tree frog who's taken up residence under the hot tub cover. I first discovered him a few weeks ago and had fun watching him skittle along the edge. Although I was a bit worried - he's a reddish color instead of bright green (from the heat of the tub).

Last week I startled him. He dove into the water and was swimming around, as I screamed, "get out, get out, you're gonna die" (because of course, frogs understand English and would respond to such cries), before scooping him to safety. Now before I relax in the hot tub, I have to search for him and place him well away from the edge so we don't have a repeat performance. I have a feeling he's found his spot for the winter... as long as he keeps out of the water, he's welcome to stay.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Trina,

You have got to post a new blog entry. I'm having withdrawal symptoms from not having your funny anecdotes.

Linda

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home