Thursday, September 27, 2007

Kwanzaa

Last week was a difficult and sad one for me. Kwanzaa, one of the goats, had been sick for a few weeks. I was nursing him back to health with extra food and electrolytes. He seemed to be improving and I thought we'd be out of the woods in another couple of weeks. But in the middle of the week he took a turn for the worse. Knowing there was nothing left to do, I called the vet to put him down. Sadly, between the call and when the vet arrived, Kwanzaa went down. I spent his last few hours with him on the floor of the goat shed stroking his neck and talking him through it. For me this is the hard part of country life and having animals, but it is part of life. His sweet demeanour will be missed and I'm grateful for the pleasure he brought me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home