Sunday, August 10, 2008

One Goat, Two Goats, Three or More

So... I suck at keeping this blog up to date. Lavender harvest came in with a swoosh - great crop and the barn is full. Keeping up with weeds, mowing and events has made the past two months fly by.

But things are getting back to a normal whirl and this weekend brought a new resident. In between a wedding and the farmers market, Tilly (named after my great grandmother, Matilda) moved into the pasture with the rest of the herd. Don't ask, don't say it... yep, this brings the count up to seven, which (I should keep reminding myself) is enough.

She's a cashmere mix (a bit fancy for the farm), all black with white markings on her hind legs. Living here is her first real experience with goats as she's only had a cow companion since the early age of 2 months. So she's trying to get her goat legs and find a friend among the crew.

I think she and Lucy may be pals, but we'll have to wait and see what shakes out. In the mean time, Blanche is making sure Tilly doesn't feel welcome at meal time. I'll give it a few days before I worry... I think Tilly is feisty enough to butt her way in when she's ready.

In the mean time, I'm plotting what projects will get started (or finished) before the rains arrive. Stay tuned...

1 Comments:

Blogger High Desert Diva said...

Oh hell...get one more then you can say Eight is Enough

Tilly is a great name!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home